Sunday 31 July 2016

Top 10 WWE Matches of 2016 (so far) PART 1

My Top 10 WWE Matches of 2016 So Far

Keep in mind that I am not including NXT matches on this list as I started watching NXT some time after 2016 started. However some of my honourable mentions from NXT are:

American Alpha vs The Revival(c) for the NXT Tag Team Champinships - NXT Takeover: Dallas

Winner: American Alpha

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn - NXT Takeover: Dallas

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Finn Balor - NXT 07/13/16 

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura 


So without further a due, here are my Top 10 WWE Matches of 2016 so far.

10. 7 Man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship - Wrestlemania 32

Winner: Zack Ryder

This was the opener match for Wrestlemania 32 and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that this was a pleasant surprise. I like ladder matches, and this one did not disappoint. It was full of crazy spots, most notably the one where Kevin Owens pushed Sin Cara off a ladder in the ring who fell on Stardust who was laying on a ladder balanced between the ring and the barricade. The ladder broke! The most surprising part though was the finish when Zack Ryder climbed up and grabbed the belt that we never thought he'd never hold again.

9. Dean Ambrose(c) vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship - Battleground

Winner: Dean Ambrose

The hype for this match alone put it on this list for me. The fact that all three former Shield members after over 2 years since Seth Rollins turned on them, all being in a match by themselves was awesome. Although the match wasn't amazing to me, it had some great moments like when Seth and Dean double power bombed Roman Reigns through the announce table. It was a good match but if anything it didn't live up to it's hype like I expected. I also wish Seth Rollins would've won.

8. Roman Reigns(c) vs AJ Styles in an Extreme Rules Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Extreme Rules

Winner: Roman Reigns

I expected for this match that AJ Styles would be carrying Roman Reigns the whole time, but was surprised. Roman Reigns held his own really well in this match and I was really impressed, however I didn't like how weak they made AJ Styles look compared to Roman Reigns. In the match Roman Reigns kicked out of 2 Styles Clash's and a bunch of chair shots but it only took one Spear from Roman to pin AJ. Other than that I liked this because Seth Rollins returned after the match which is awesome. Overall other than that one criticism. this was a good one

7. Dean Ambrose(c) vs Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing Match for the Intercontinental Championship - Royal Rumble

Winner: Dean Ambrose

This match was definitely the best of the pay per view. There were so many good spots and for a Last Man Standing Match there were nearly no times where the guy just got up out of nowhere. The amount of spots and skill used in this match was excellent and I thought it was a really well thought through match and had a good ending, however I would've preferred Kevin Owens to win. Either way it was a great match and I like Dean Ambrose so it's not too bad. 

6. Charlotte(c) vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks for the Womens Championship - Wrestlemania 32

Winner: Charlotte

This was the first match for the title after it was changed that same night from the Divas Championship to the Womens Championship, and these three women proved that was the right choice. This match featured three of the most talented women on the roster right now and they killed it. It was an excellent match and although I was hoping Sasha Banks would walk away as the first Womens Champion, it was a good finish when Charlotte's dad, Ric Flair, held back Sasha forcing Becky to tap out to the Figure Eight, because it fit with her character. It was a great match and the Womens Division had never looked stronger. 

That's all for part 1, be sure to check back in the coming weeks for part 2. Hope you enjoyed and 
Until next time,
Devon Wizard



No comments:

Post a Comment