Friday 22 July 2016

Battleground 2016 Predictions

Battleground Predictions






Kickoff Show 

The Usos vs Breezango

Prediction: Breezango

I kind of hate The Usos nearly as much as Natalya, and at the same time I kind of like Breezango. It feels Tyler Breeze and Fandango kind of needed each other to really become interesting and I really want to see them win clean over The Usos and for that I'm picking Breezango. 

Main Show 


Sasha Banks and a mystery partner vs Charlotte and Dana Brooke

Prediction: Sasha Banks and mystery partner

I predict that Sasha's mystery partner is going to be Bayley from NXT and I think they will beat Charlotte and Dana Brooke. The reason I think this is because Sasha can't go off a loss to challenging Charlotte for the Womens Championship. The only reason this a tag match is because they're saving the title match for Summerslam but Sasha won't have any momentum to ride to Summerslam if she and her partner lose at Battleground.

Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel with Randy Orton

There isn't much to predict here. I guess they'll talk about his match with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam? I also think the segment will end with an RKO to Jericho or anyone else for that matter.


The New Day vs The Wyatt Family (6 Man Tag)

Prediction: The Wyatt Family

I know that The Wyatt Family are on different brands so they don't really need to be built up anymore but I still think they do. The Wyatts haven't won in a while and need a win, desperately. If they don't I feel they'll lose their momentum for good. This is a perfect time to let them win because it's not for the Tag Team Championships.

Rusev(c) with Lana vs Zack Ryder for the United States Championship

Prediction: Rusev with Lana

As much as I would like to see Zack Ryder win the title, I just don't see it. I just think that if he won it would make the title a lot less important which the US Championship can't afford right now. Rusev has helped the title since winning it from Kalisto and I don't think that should be taken away from him yet.

The Miz(c) with Maryse vs Darren Young with Bob Backlund for the Intercontinental Championship

Prediction: The Miz with Maryse

I know they're trying to push Darren Young but I don't think he's going to beat The Miz. Whether it's by shenanigans or clean, The Miz will walk out the champion because I just don't feel Darren is ready. Sure he's won all his matches since returning but the majority of the wins have been kind of sketchy. I'm not 100% about this one however, but I'm going with The Miz. 

Becky Lynch vs Natalya

Prediction: Becky Lynch 

This is partially because, and I can't stress it enough, I HATE NATALYA AND I WILL NEVER SIDE WITH HER. However that's not the only reason. Not only is Becky the younger talent but she needs the win more. She hasn't won any feuds in maybe a year and this is a match I feel Natalya can afford to lose, and if she can't well I don't care she can lose anyways.

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

Prediction: Sami Zayn

Just so you know in any other circumstance I would pick Kevin Owens but hear me out this is my logic. I love Kevin Owens but I think Sami Zayn will win. This is because...if you remember a couple months ago at Payback Kevin Owens beat Sami Zayn clean in a one on one match. A lot has happened since then though and I feel like Sami will win because then it sets it up perfectly for a rubber match at Summerslam. So even though I want Kevin Owens to win, I pick Sami Zayn.

John Cena, Enzo, and Cass vs The Club (6 Man Tag)

Prediction: John Cena, Enzo, and Cass

Same as the match between Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. In any other circumstance I would pick The Club. However I feel like they'll give Cena's team this win so it's kind of like a victory over AJ Styles for John Cena. So they can then book a rubber match between John Cena and AJ Styles for Summerslam and hopefully if that happens, AJ will win clean.

Dean Ambrose(c) vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship

Prediction: Seth Rollins

Not only is Seth Rollins my favourite wrestler but for once I feel very confident that he'll beat Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. I think what will happen is they'll want to move the WWE Championship to Raw without making Dean look weak, perfect way to do that is in a Triple Threat. Also I think they'll want to move it so they can come back with the World Heavyweight Championship for Smackdown. I don't think they'd give the win to Roman either because of his recent drug issues so who does that leave? Seth Rollins.

Collectively this pay per view, aside from the main event which I'm super hype for, doesn't seem too great to be honest. To be fair it's a B+ pay per view. There are still some good matches to look forward to though.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard


No comments:

Post a Comment