Friday 8 July 2016

Smackdown July 7th 2016

Smackdown

One thing to point out starting off is that Jerry Lawler is back! I assume since WWE let him return to his job he was proven innocent. Either way the show kicked off with a confrontation between Jey Uso and Seth Rollins which lead to the making of a match between the two.

Seth Rollins defeats Jey Uso

Dean Ambrose became the guest ring announcer for this match and sat at ringside for the entirety of the match. He kept joking around with Seth by constantly going on the mic and saying things in an attempt to distract Seth. It didn't work though as Seth reversed the Frog Splash and hit Jey Uso with the Pedigree to get the win. It's good that Seth won clean, I just don't like how silly Dean was being. I understand it's part of his character but Seth stabbed him in the back a couple years ago, I wouldn't be joking with him if I were Dean.

Zack Ryder defeats Sheamus

Wait what? Zack Ryder beat Sheamus? With the El-Bro...well that outcome was very unexpected. After the match with Zack's new theme song playing, Tom Phillips came out and asked 'What's next for Zack Ryder?" Zack replied by challenging Rusev in a match for a chance to regain the United States Championship. Although I like Zack Ryder and would like to see him with a championship, there's a part of me that thinks he'll make the belt seem less important. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Rusev Interview

In a backstage interview Rusev was asked what he thought of Zack Ryder challenging him for his US Championship. Rusev's response was "If Zack Ryder is man enough to challenge me face to face on Raw, he'll prove not all Americans are cowards, but I'll prove to him all Americans are losers." This I feel will probably be a match at Battleground which I guess I'm fine with as long as it's not a match that will be at Summerslam, it's not big enough for that unless it becomes more interesting somehow.

Becky Lynch Attacked 

On her way to the ring for a match against Summer Rae I believe, Becky Lynch was attacked from behind by Natalya. She ended her attack with a Sharpshooter outside the ring but this just really annoys me. I hate Natalya. She hasn't even given a good reason for attacking Becky and I've been complaining about that since her first attack on Becky. She's an awful heel.

New Day Still Together?

After what happened between The New Day on Monday Night Raw I thought The New Day had disbanded. However in an interview with Xavier Woods he spoke about the dangers that could be present at the Wyatt Family's compound. He then said "Am I happy about the decision my brothers have made? No. Am I going to stand by them? Yes. I'll be at the compound." I'm very happy that The New Day aren't breaking up yet but it's still possible something could happen at the compound, maybe Xavier will join the Wyatt Family?

Enzo and Cass on Why They Helped John Cena on Raw

Cass started by explaining that it wasn't because they have any personal issues with The Club, nor do they have a personal connection with John Cena. It was about sending a message. If The Club come out every week to beat up John Cena what's stopping them from doing that to them was their reason, honestly kind of a stupid reason but whatever. 

After that The Club came out. They cut a bit of a promo that was pretty funny where they talked about beating up John Cena, Enzo, and Cass. At the end AJ Styles challenged Enzo Amore to a match and he accepted. It was a funny segment that builds up hype for their match at Battleground which at first I didn't like, but is now starting to grow on me.

AJ Styles defeats Enzo Amore

Early on Enzo botched a kind of side ways Swan Dive over the rope but got his foot caught and flopped on the ground. Luckily he wasn't too badly hurt but when on to lose to AJ after having received the Styles Clash. It's right for AJ to win in my opinion considering he's more of a singles competitor and Enzo is more of a tag team competitor. 

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho Segment

These two have such good chemistry together I love it. Every conversation they have is hilarious and I hope that after Kevin Owens is done his feud with Sami Zayn maybe he can get in to one with Chris Jericho.

The Miz defeats Kalisto

Considering The Miz doesn't have an opponent for Battleground yet, I'm glad he got a clean victory over Kalisto so he didn't ignite a feud with him. That being said I hope he finds an opponent soon so the story can have time to develop before the match.

Sami Zayn defeats Chris Jericho

Kevin Owens came out to be on commentary for this match and it would've been hilarious if I could hear what he was saying but the audio was really bad. Either way the match ended when Sami Zayn was about to Heluva Kick Jericho but instead gave it to Kevin Owens who was on the apron. Jericho then attempted to put Zayn in the Walls of Jericho put Zayn reversed and rolled up Jericho for the win.

After the match during Sami Zayn's celebration Chris Jericho hit him with the Code Breaker. After he left, Kevin Owens got back in the ring and hit Zayn with the Pop Up Powerbomb, which is hopefully what will happen at Battleground.

Star of the Night: Kevin Owens Show

Kevin Owens is the man. Anything he does is entertaining and I love the guy. I really hope he wins against Sami Zayn at Battleground but then again I wouldn't mind if Zayn won and they had their final match to end it all at Summerslam, since Owens took the first win at Payback a couple months ago.

Kevin Owens is my MVP for tonight! I'm also excited to see what happens on Raw between the Wyatts and The New Day. Maybe they'll go to the compound then? We'll have to wait and see.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment