Thursday 21 July 2016

WWE Draft 2016

The WWE Draft 

In this article I will be listing off all the Draft picks and if I have an opinion on them I will make it known. If I don't really care about the Draft pick I'll just skip over it. Let's begin.




The Rules

Round 1

Raw: Seth Rollins
Smackdown: Dean Ambrose
Raw: Charlotte
Smackdown: AJ Styles
Raw: Finn Balor

I am very happy that Seth was the first overall pick I think he really deserves it. Dean drafted first for Smackdown was expected considering the first and second picks were going to be Seth and Dean. For Charlotte even though she may not be as skilled as some of the other women I understand they'd want her because of the Womens Championship. Smackdown picked AJ Styles which I love AJ Styles and it's keeping Smackdown's "New Era" theme because AJ Styles is a relatively new superstar. Lastly Finn freaking Balor! One of my favourites from NXT, I'm really excited that he got drafted to the main roster.

Round 2

Raw: Roman Reigns
Smackdown: John Cena
Raw: Brock Lesnar
Smackdown: Randy Orton
Raw: New Day

Roman Reigns went 6th overall??? That's unexpected, I guess they're kind of pissed at him for violating the Wellness Policy. John Cena also went lower than I expected, it's also something to note that Cena is on the same brand as AJ Styles which I like because I want to see that rivalry keep going. Brock Lesnar was drafted to Raw and we'll probably see him for like 3 matches a year so it doesn't matter that much. Randy Orton, Lesnar's Summerslam opponent, was drafted to the opposite brand. Randy Orton just kind of feels like a Smackdown guy. Finally, I'm glad The New Day is staying together since they're one of my favourite stables of all time.

Round 3

Raw: Sami Zayn
Smackdown: Bray Wyatt
Raw: Sasha Banks
Smackdown: Becky Lynch
Raw: Chris Jericho

Sami Zayn, eh...not a huge fan to be honest. Bray Wyatt drafted to Smackdown is cool, I like Bray Wyatt and his gimmick however this kind of confirms that after Battleground, The New Day and the Wyatt Family will part ways. Raw drafting Sasha Banks is awesome because it means she can still chase Charlotte for the Womens Championship. I'm skipping Becky Lynch as I'm not too concerned with her. Chris Jericho was drafted to Raw, all I have to say is cool. He's not in any feud at the moment so it doesn't really concern me.

Round 4


Raw: Rusev with Lana
Smackdown: The Miz with Maryse
Raw: Kevin Owens
Smackdown: Baron Corbin
Raw: Enzo and Cass

It makes sense that Rusev was drafted to Raw and Miz to Smackdown since each of them have a second tier title. I'm also happy that they're keeping Lana and Maryse with them becuase I think each of them add to their man's character. I'm glad also the Kevin Owens was drafted to Raw because Raw needed some guys I like as well Sami Zayn is on Raw so their feud can continue. Do not understand why baron Corbin was picked so early. Enzo and Cass to Raw is good because they can stay on the same brand as New Day and at some point I'd like to see Enzo and Cass with the titles. 

Round 5


Raw: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Smackdown: American Alpha!
Raw: Big Show
Smackdown: Dolph Ziggler
Raw: Nia Jax

NOOOOO, The Club is officially split up with AJ Styles on Smackdown and Gallows and Anderson on Raw. I predict that Gallows and Anderson will start getting cozy with Finn Balor and form a new Club. Next it's American Alpha! Suuuuuper hype that they're on the main roster, maybe this foreshadows a Kurt Angle return? Big Show? No. Dolph Ziggler, meh. Nia Jax is an interesting pick for Raw, it'd be entertaining I think for her to go against other women like Charlotte and Sasha.

Round 6


Raw: Neville
Smackdown: Natalya
Raw: Cesaro
Smackdown: Alberto Del Rio
Raw: Sheamus

Neville returning is cool even though I don't like him that much. It's especially cool that he's on Raw where the Cruiserweight Division will be. I hate Natalya so that doesn't really matter. Cesaro! Why was he picked so late? He's so under rated and I hope he doesn't spiral down to a lower card performer. The same goes with Alberto Del Rio, although I feel he's already there. Sheamus...no comment. 

The rest of the picks, apart from Alexa Bliss because I love her, aren't very important in my opinion so I'm just going to list them.

Round 7

Raw: Golden Truth
Smackdown: The Usos
Raw: Titus O’Neil
Smackdown: Kane
Raw: Paige

Round 8

Raw: Darren Young with Bob Backlund
Smackdown: Kalisto
Raw: Sin Cara
Smackdown: Naomi
Raw: Jack Swagger
Smackdown: The Ascension

Round 9

Raw: The Dudley Boyz
Smackdown: Zack Ryder
Raw: Summer Rae
Smackdown: Apollo Crews
Raw: Mark Henry
Smackdown: Alexa Bliss (From NXT)

Round 10

Raw: Braun Strowman
Smackdown: Breezango
Raw: Bo Dallas
Smackdown: Eva Marie (From NXT)
Raw: The Shining Stars
Smackdown: The Vaudevillains

Round 11

Raw: Alicia Fox
Smackdown: Erick Rowan
Raw: Dana Brooke
Smackdown: Mojo Rawley (From NXT)
Raw: Curtis Axel
Smackdown: Carmella (From NXT)

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon.
Until next time.
Devon Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment