Thursday 21 July 2016

NXT July 20th 2016

NXT 

With three matches scheduled one week ago for tonight, this was a fight night for NXT.

Samoa Joe defeated Rhyno

Before this match started I really wanted Samoa Joe to win. Not because I like him a lot but because I really dislike Rhyno. You can imagine I was happy when Samoa Joe forced Rhyno to tap out to the Kokieda Clutch. I'm happy Joe won right off the bat so this doesn't turn in to a feud because I personally find Rhyno extremenly non-entertaining. 

Authors Of Pain defeated American Alpha

As American Alpha made their entrance, the Authors Of Pain attacked them from behind. When we came back from commercial William Regal was even out checking on them. However, American Alpha went on to the ring to proceed with their match. I hate the Authors Of Pain, so I hate that they won after hitting Chad Gable with their not yet named finishing maneuver. They then pinned him for the win, but at least this won't be rivalry...well I hope since American Alpha was drafted to the main roster.

The Revival

In a backstage interview with The Revival they were asked what was next for them as the tag team champions. They replied that since no one can beat them there's nothing to do. That's when Johnny Gargano and Tomaso Ciampa interrupted, reminding The Revival that they had beaten them, and it's only a matter of time before they beat them again, and this time for the NXT Tag Team Championships. I don't know! I like both of these teams a lot, but I have to side with my favourites since day 1; The Revival.

Hideo Itami Returns In 2 Weeks

Hideo Itami was injured when I started watching NXT so I don't know much about him other than he's a great performer and for the most part over with the crowd so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Austin Aries defeated Patrick Clark

It was clear that Patrick Clark was a jobber and also clear that because of that Austin Aries would win. However, after Austin made Patrick tap out to the Last Chancery, during Austin Aries' celebration No Way Jose attacked him and drove him out through the crowd. This is a rivalry I don't mind and actually would like to see develop some more.

Bayley defeated Nia Jax

To me it was obvious that Bayley was going to win since Nia Jax was drafted to Raw. I think after winning this match Bayley gets an NXT Womens Championship match against Asuka but it's still unclear. All we know for sure is that will be Nia's last match in NXT against Bayley at least.

Star Of The Night: Samoa Joe defeating Rhyno

I know it's kind of sucky to base what you thought was the best moment of the night on someone losing but it's true. I really don't like Rhyno and I'm really glad he lost, he shouldn't be anywhere near that NXT title unless he goes through a character change or something to make him more interesting.

NXT tonight had more matches than usual which I like, and not as much talking which I think really brings out the wrestling more in my opinion. Promos are good but sometimes there are way too many that go way too long.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard


No comments:

Post a Comment