Friday 19 August 2016

Summerslam 2016 Predictions

Summerslam Predictions

We're just days away from the hottest event of the summer and the second biggest WWE event of the year. Let's see the predictions. 


Kickoff Show


American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos vs Breezango, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains

Prediction: American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos

Very simple, not looking forward to this, dissapointed that American Alpha are on the kick off show but they'll win because they already had this match on Smackdown like why. 

Sami Zayn and Neville vs The Dudley Boyz

Prediction: Sami Zayn and Neville

I'll be upset if they lose because if they're beat by The Dudleys oh my god. The Dudleys are so irrelevant that if they win I honestly think Zayn and Neville should just end their careers. 

Main Show

Carmella, Becky Lynch, and Naomi vs Eva Marie, Natalya, and Alexa Bliss

Prediction: Carmella, Becky Lynch, and Naomi

As of me writing this Eva Marie has been suspended for 30 days for breaching the wellness policy. There's some speculation that it's just a work but if it's not, I'm not sure if they'll have someone replace her or they'll cancel the match or what but since they were pushing Eva Marie as the top heel and she won't be fighting as of right now, I think Carmella, Becky Lynch, and Naomi will win. 

Cesaro vs Sheamus

Prediction: Cesaro

This is the first match in a series of 7 between both Cesaro and Sheamus and I think it would be a shame if Cesaro were to lose at Summerslam. It might be better storyline wise for Sheamus to win the first so Cesaro is chasing the win, but it'd be a better moment in my opinion if Cesaro were to win so I'm going with Cesaro. 

The Miz(c) vs Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental Championship

Prediction: The Miz

Unless I'm very surprised or wrong, I can say with 99% certainty that somehow, someway The Miz will retain the Intercontinental Championship. I just don't think Apollo Crews is ready for the title yet as his character doesn't seem fully developed. When you think of Apollo Crews there's not much to think about, if you haven't seen him on NXT there's even less. It's for these reasons that I'm picking The Miz. 

Enzo and Big Cass vs JeriKO (Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens)

Prediction: JeriKO 

This is one that I'm very much unsure of. I can see both teams winning but I decided to go with JeriKO not only because I think it's the greatest team and the greatest thing to happen to Earth ever, but because I feel like they want to keep this team together for a while and I would like to keep them together for a while, and if they suffer a loss in their first match that's a huge momentum stopper. At the same time we don't want to halt Enzo and Cass' momentum so I'd give it to JeriKO but they'd have to cheat or something. Some sort of shenanigans. 

The New Day(c) vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson for the Tag Team Championships

Prediction: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson 

It will nearly be a year to the day come Summerslam that The New Day will have held the titles for one straight year. It's quite impressive actually that they've gone this long and stayed as relevant as they have been for that year. However it feels like the year is coming to a climax and it's kind of sad looking back at The New Day and what a fantastic year they had. Despite this I feel like they're slowly losing their popularity and interest value and because of this, and Big E being kayfabe injured, I think The New Day will lose their Tag Team Championships on Sunday. 

Rusev(c) vs Roman Reigns for the United States Championship

Prediction: Roman Reigns

This one is pretty obvious as to why I'm going with Reigns. Yes Rusev is a heel but he isn't the type to cheat to win, and Roman beat him clean on Raw. Not only that but it's Roman Reigns guys. Remember? Roman doesn't lose. My pick is Roman Reigns for that obvious reason. 

Sasha Banks(c) vs Charlotte for the Womens Championship (Dana Brooke banned from ringside)

Prediction: Sasha Banks

I think it's way too early in Sasha's reign as Womens Champion to lose the title. She has a lot of time to make some memorable moments she can't make if she doesn't have the championship. Another thing is Sasha has beaten Charlotte clean before with Dana Brooke not there to help Charlotte, and at Summerslam Dana will be banned from ringside so unless some crazy shit happens Charlotte will have no excuses and Sasha will retain the title. 

John Cena vs AJ Styles

Prediction: AJ Styles

I know this is a bold prediction considering he's going against big match John who's like Roman Reigns' dad since he never loses, but I have a good feeling. AJ Styles I think is going to win this one, and I'm praying if he does end up winning that he wins clean. It would push him that little more that he needs to get over the edge and launch him so far. This one match could do a ton for his career and Cena really doesn't need it...like at all. 

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

Prediction: Brock Lesnar

I really like Randy Orton and if it was up to me I would have him win. But WWE really likes Brock Lesnar despite him only being in the WWE like 3 times a year. He's one of their top stars and for gods sake he beat the Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak. He's the 1 in 23-1. There's no way they're letting Orton beat who WWE perceives as the most dominant force in their company. 

Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship

Prediction: Finn Balor

I think Finn Balor should and will win, this is why. Raw doesn't really have a top face other than Finn Balor and for new fans Finn doesn't really give them any reason to believe he's a worthy competitor so if you shut him down in his pay per view debut he'll never be believable to the audience that's never seen him. On the other hand he might turn heel having Gallows and Anderson help him, which would also simultaneously turn Rollins face. There are a lot of interesting options and this is definitely a highly anticipated match for me that I think Balor will win. 

Dean Ambrose(c) vs Dolph Ziggler for the WWE World Championship

Prediction: Dean Ambrose

I think that Dean Ambrose will win this. Dolph is being portrayed as the underdog but unlike some people *cough cough* Roman Reigns *cough cough* he actually is the underdog. They're not just trying to make him seem that way. I don't see WWE just breaking him in to the main event out of nowhere and taking the title. Personally I think he could have the title, just not yet. I think Dean Ambrose will beat him. 

And those are my predictions! Check out my predictions for NXT Takeover Brooklyn II here! and follow me on Twitter here for live Summerslam updates.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard




No comments:

Post a Comment