Thursday 18 August 2016

NXT Takeover Brooklyn 2016 Predictions

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II Predictions

Honestly there were like two barely relevant matches and an okay interview on NXT this week so I decided I'd just go in to the predictions since I'm a bit behind, so let's get in to it. 

Ember Moon vs Billie Kay

Prediction: Ember Moon

So this was one of the things that came out of this weeks NXT and I'm thinking like it seems as though the last couple weeks they've been wanting to push Billie Kay, but generally when there's this much hype behind a debut the debuter is surely to win so I didn't know who to pick. However in the end I went with Ember Moon because she needs a boost to start herself off and give her some credibility right off the bat.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Bobby Roode

Prediction: Bobby Roode

To me it doesn't seem like Almas is doing much right now so he can afford the loss, plus it's Bobby Roode's in ring TV debut and it would be bad if he were to lose that. Not only that but he seems like a star, he's been a star in other places and he should be pushed like a star and I think they recognize that, so I'm going for Bobby Roode. 

No Way Jose vs Austin Aries

Prediction: Austin Aries

If I'm being honest here originally I had no reason for picking Austin Aries I just had a feeling he would win, but I have a reason now. Austin Aries just went through a character change when he turned heel against No Way Jose. Now No Way Jose is super over with the crowd and that's not going to change if he suffers one loss but if they want to build Austin Aries as a threat with his new character then he really needs this win. 

The Revival(c) vs Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Tag Team Championships 

Prediction: The Revival 

So my prediction for this one may be a bit bias because I am a huge fan of The Revival, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder are so entertaining and so good as heels and I'd much rather see them win over Gargano and Ciampa. Not to say they're not good, Gargano and Ciampa are amazing wrestlers and although I'm not completely certain on this I'm making a bias prediction and going with The Revival. 

Asuka(c) vs Bayley for the NXT Womens Championship

Prediction: Bayley

I think they'll have Bayley win and then have one more match between Bayley and Asuka but right now I think they're going to get Bayley to win because she had said in an interview after Battleground that she wasn't moving up to the main roster anytime soon and if she loses this match she'll lose all her momentum because she'll have nothing to do in NXT. So I think Bayley will win it from Asuka and then Asuka will take it back in a rubber match between the two. 

Samoa Joe(c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the NXT Championship

Prediction: Shinsuke Nakamura 

In my opinion Shinsuke Nakamura is the hottest thing going in NXT right now. He's super over with the crowd, and not in the way Jose is where he can afford a loss, in the way where I think fans will be genuinely upset and/or angry if he loses on Saturday. Not only that but he's more than deserving. He's been in multiple match of the year candidates already and will definitely have more to come. He works hard and knows how to work the crowd, he deserves this title and he needs it. 

There you have it, those were my predictions for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II. The event will take place this Saturday and unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live so no live twitter reactions/updates, but I'll likely be watching Summerslam live so follow me on Twitter @devon_wizard for live updates on Sunday! Click here for my Summerslam predictions and
Until next time,
Devon Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment