Friday 17 June 2016

Smackdown June 16th 2016

Smackdown

On this episode of Smackdown since it's the last before Money in the Bank I was expecting it to be boring due to all the possible matches being done before the pay per view. However, with some segments I was pleasantly surprised, others were exactly as I expected. Let's break it down in my recap of Smackdown.


Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel

There wasn't much benefit for this in my opinion, Dean Ambrose was his guest and apart from Jericho being a great heel and Ambrose adding some humour to the segment, nothing really came from it. Especially when everyone else in the Money in the Bank match came out it became really messy feeling and they all ended up in a brawl, as they always do.

Kofi Kingston defeating Big Cass, Aiden English, and Luke Gallows

I think this Fatal Four Way was a great way to hype up the tag team title match on Sunday, however just like the Highlight Reel things began to feel messy really quick with the other members of the tag teams interfering. Kofi picked up the pin after hitting Trouble in Paradise on Aiden English which I think will be a very similar outcome at Money in the Bank.

Baron Corbin defeats Zack Ryder

Nothing against Zack but if he won this I would've...done something very bad. It's good that Baron won before his pay per view match and good that he's riding this momentum in to hopefully a victory. Only thing I didn't like about this match was Dolph being so obnoxious on commentary, he kept calling Zack "kid." Zack has been here longer than you Dolph...

                             Rusev looks absolutely amazing...for a few minutes

Rusev was scheduled to face Kalisto, but as Kalisto jumped in to the ring Ru Ru caught him and began the annihilation. He absolutely pummelled Kalisto putting him in a wrenching Accolade only stopped by Sin Cara coming out. That was alright for Rusev as he demolished him as well, Rusev was coming off as a huge force to be reckoned with...then Titus O'Neil came out. I don't mind Titus and think it would've been better if Rusev just left and they left it or Sunday but Titus absolutely destroyed him making him look a lot weaker than he has been the past few weeks. I'm worried that soon Rusev will look as weak as he did in The League of Nations days if this keeps up.

AJ Styles defeats Xavier Woods

During this match Xavier was starting to look like an actual competitor, and against a guy who's about to go against John Cena, that isn't good. Xavier was looking way too strong. Luckily, AJ hit the Phenomenal Forearm and instead of pinning him yelled "This is what I'm going to do to John Cena" and put Woods in the Cap Crusher making him tap. After the match AJ went on the mic and said "Cena, you should check your clock because your time is up...and my time is now."

Charlotte defeats Natalya

Not clean...don't get too excited. This match was boring and not needed, if anything it made me want to see their already seemingly boring match at Money in the Bank even less.

Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns Promo

I just wanted to express how cool I thought this little video promo was highlighting some Shield moments as well as some Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns moments. I really hope Seth pulls this one off at Money in the Bank.

Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn, and Cesaro defeat Kevin Owens, Alberto Del Rio, and Chris Jericho

I feel like I've seen this match or matches with the same people in it at least a thousand times. However it was a decent match, ending in a brawl again which I thought was messy. However Dean Ambrose came out on top of the brawl hopefully foreshadowing a victory...or two at Money in the Bank.










1 comment:

  1. Excellent summary. However I must disagree with your hopeful prediction for seth rollout to win.

    ReplyDelete