Thursday 23 June 2016

NXT June 22nd 2016

NXT

The show opened with highlights from last weeks main encounter between Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura. It was a fun highlights video and excites me more for their match in 3 weeks. I also think that when the match comes Shinsuke Nakamura will go over clean and it will be Finn's last match in NXT as he moves up to the main roster.

Oney Lorcan defeats Tye Dillinger

Really? Why are they booking Dillinger like this? Oney Lorcan, a guy I have never heard of nor seen beat him clean. Lorcan didn't even get an entrance. Please make Tye Dillinger seem like a force to be reckoned with because right now, as Corey Graves put it, the perfect 10 is a 5 at best.

No Way Jose defeats Josh Woods

The match itself was fine, but that wasn't the important part of what happened. During Jose's celebration Austin Aries' music hit. He said that despite his loss to Shinsuke Nakamura at Takeover The End, he remembered that NXT is all about having fun, and for that he thanked No Way Jose. After they began to dance which lead to the two dancing on the commentary table, only for Austin Aries to strike Jose with a right forearm. He attacked Jose and ended the assault by applying the No Chancery on Jose on the entrance ramp. I don't mind this feud and in my opinion Austin Aries is a way better heel than he is face, I just worry Jose will take away the seriousness from Aries.

Bayley defeats Deonna Purazzo

This match in my opinion was just to show everyone that Bayley is back from her injury and ready for her rematch against Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship.

Nia Jax defeats Liv Morgan

I guess they just wanted to make sure that we still looked at her as a dominant force after her loss at Takeover The End, which quite honestly we don't. Her "big and strong" gimmick is running thin especially with her not being able to win the title.

Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Buddy Murphy

Before this match even started I knew Shinsuke would win and personally I think anything involving the "King of Strong Style" is exciting. Glad he got a victory and can't wait for his match against Finn Balor.

Star of the Night: Austin Aries Heel Turn

I hadn't seen Austin Aries before NXT so I had only seen him as a face and personally I wasn't a fan, but now that he's a heel I can really see myself buying in to his gimmick a bit more.



My only criticism is that we didn't see any champions, if they're the stars of your show maybe show them??? Anyways that's all for now.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment