Monday 20 June 2016

Money In The Bank 2016 Review

Money In The Bank Review and Results



Kickoff Show Matches:

The Golden Truth defeats Breezango

I'm kind of getting in to The Golden Truth to be honest. I like that they picked up a victory and Breezango had some very comedic moments with the sun burning and everything. It was an okay match nonetheless and have nothing bad to say about it.

The Lucha Dragons defeat The Dudley Boyz

Why? This match was pointless and boring, I don't even want to write about it.

Main Show Matches:

The New Day defeat Enzo and Cass, The Club, and The Vaudevillains to retain the Tag Team Championships

As expected The New Day retain. It was a good, fast paced match most of the time however I was a bit confused by the ending when The New Day did their finisher on Karl Anderson but pinned Aiden English who had already been laying there for like 10 minutes. It made the Vaudevillains look pretty weak, not that that's a problem with me, they have such a dumb gimmick.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke defeat Natalya and Becky Lynch

Personally I thought this match would go the other way but instead it was almost the opposite of what I thought would happen. Natalya was pinned after Dana Brooke threw Becky Lynch in to her and after the match Natalya blindsided Becky. WHAT? WHY? Some stupid reason probably.

Baron Corbin defeats Dolph Ziggler

Good. Baron Corbin picked up a clean win on Dolph and now hopefully, for gods sake hopefully, this feud can be over and these two can let bygones be bygones and move on with their lives.

Apollo Crews defeats Sheamus

By a roll up...I have a bad feeling that this already meaningless feeling feud will continue due to the roll up victory. Why couldn't you have just done your finisher Apollo, why? Anyways this match was a bit boring anyways and I feel like it could be another Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin feud...the kind that go on for ages and are boring as hell.

AJ Styles defeats John Cena

Very happy that AJ got a victory over Cena. However the ending was just meh. I would've liked to see Styles win clean but I mean I'll take what I can get. I also know that in their next match Cena will probably win and the rubber match will be at Summerslam. Here's hoping Styles comes out on top of this feud because we all know John doesn't need it. You could catch him sucking a pacifier while struggling to lift ten pounds and he wouldn't look weak. Still, it's likely Cena will win the feud, much to my dismay.

Dean Ambrose defeats Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Alberto Del Rio, Kevin Owens, and Chris Jericho

First I'd like to address the backstage segment between Owens, Del Rio, and Jericho because I thought that was super entertaining and funny. Owens made it what it was and he deserves more credibility than he has. Dean won the Money in the Bank though and the match was overall pretty good. Kevin Owens took a nasty bump on that ladder which was insane, and I also liked how Owens and Ambrose were the last two on the ladder to win it all considering they were the two most likely to win. Good match overall and glad with the outcome.

Rusev defeats Titus O'Neil to retain the United States Championship

This match showcased Rusev as the amazing and dominant heel he is. Not only was he screaming for Titus to look at his kids as he made him tap out but he insulted his kids after the match. Can't wait to see what's next for Rusev because I know whatever it is Rusev will knock it out of the park.

Seth Rollins defeats Roman Reigns to become the new World Heavyweight Champion

No...freaking...way. Seth Rollins beat Roman Reigns...clean.
 He beat him fair and square and it was an absolutely fantastic match. The confusing thing was the whole time Seth seemed to be wrestling like a face while Roman was wrestling like a heel. Was this an attempt at a double turn from WWE and if so, will they capitalize on it tonight on Raw? So many questions have been opened up. I'd also like to talk about how Seth reversed a spear in to a Pedigree! That was amazing and this match was overall fantastic.

Dean Ambrose defeats Seth Rollins to become the new World Heavyweight Champion

Just as Rollins is celebrating his new World Title win and D-Wiz is dancing in his living room, who's music hits? None other than the music of Dean Ambrose. My initial reaction was surprised even though I low key saw it coming. Seth would prepare for Dean but Dean would come from behind and smack Seth in the back of the head with the briefcase. He would then cash in the briefcase and hit Dirty Deeds on Rollins and pin him to win his first World Heavyweight Championship. This opens up so many more questions and leaves me putting more faith in to WWE booking. I also see the Shield Triple Threat match coming which I am so excited for. I wish Seth had kept the title but I'm happy that at least Reigns doesn't have it.

I guess we'll see what happens on Raw, who's heel? Who's face? Hopefully our questions will be answered tonight. Stay tuned for my Monday Night Raw review.
Until next time,
Devon Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment